In Sports Medicine & Rheumatology we provide a comprehensive and rapid access service for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of all forms of musculoskeletal disorders, sports or occupational injuries in athletes, injured employees and individuals of any age.
The most frequent disorders seen by sports medicine rheumatologists are ones that affect the shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, legs or feet. The specific cause of the problem will depend on the nature and mechanics of the individual’s body and the movements he or she makes during an activity. For example, swimming stresses the shoulders while tennis stresses the shoulders, wrists and elbows. Running stresses the hips, knees and legs. Ballet and gymnastics stress the back, ankles and feet.
Our range of services include:
- Sports injury and rehabilitation programs – acute and chronic
- Rapid access assessments of shoulder, hip, knee, neck and back pain
- Bone health and osteoporosis
- Occupational musculoskeletal injuries, disorders and conditions
- Early arthritis assessment
- Arthritis screening and prevention
- Pre-season and pre-participation physical examinations, coordination of conditioning, training, and rehabilitative programmes
- Exercise promotion and prescription
- Inflammatory back clinic – (Ankylosing Spondylitis and Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy)