Nurse Trish Cregan
The services offered by the Rheumatology Nurse Specialist include:
1. A dedicated rheumatology helpline
2. Nurse-led Follow up clinics
3. Opportunities for Education
The nurse helpline service provided by the Rheumatology Nurse may be an answer phone where you can leave a message and the nurse will get back to you, usually within 24 hours or sooner. The helpline takes calls from patients seen in the rheumatology clinics, carers, members of the public and other health professionals working in the hospital or community.
Advice may be given for the following:
1. Dealing with the symptoms of a flare up of arthritis
2. Education and management of side-effects from drug treatments
3. Fast tracking appointments if required especially during flares of inflammatory arthritis
4. Liaise with other members of the rheumatology team such as physiotherapists, exercise specialists
5. Other general advice about arthritis.
The Rheumatology Helpline is available Monday – Thursday 9am -4pm.
Contact Details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 086 8120135
Joint, bone or muscle pain can make life miserable. It’s important for people to know there are reliable solutions for their rheumatology disease